Friday, January 21, 2011

10 staples

4. Remember how long thou hast been putting off these things, and how often thou hast received an opportunity from the gods,and yet dost not use it.  Thou must now at last perceive of what universe thou art a part, and of what administrator of the universe thy existence is an efflux, and that a limit of time is fixed for thee, which if thou dost not use for clearing away the clouds from thy mind, it will go and thou wilt go, and it will never return.  -Marcus Aurelius

As I was receiving the sixth or seventh staple to the back of my head, I became resolute.  Resolute to not leave the world with too many more 'what ifs', there is no longer anymore time to put off, there is no longer any more room in my life  to be afraid of uncertainty, to be afraid to act upon conviction. then I passed out from a combination of local anesthetics, the goodness of a banana bag coursing though my intravenous system, and that particularly numbing brown out exhaustion that comes with one too many cigarettes combines with long island ice teas (hold the ice tea).

I AM MINE

ef·flux  (flks)
n.


1. A flowing outward.
2. Something that flows out or forth; an effluence.
3. A passing or an expiration, as of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment